- Launches groundbreaking project, “The Dark Horse” NFT Access Pass, to support basic living and training costs
- Inclusive community offers fans unprecedented insight into her journey up the global racing ladder
- Her NFT Access Pass includes behind-the-scenes content; additional drops and airdrops; plus future prize pools planned
MANILA, May 12, 2022 – (ACN Newswire) – Bianca Bustamante, a 17 year-old rising motorsport star from the Philippines, announced that she is launching a groundbreaking project, The Dark Horse – an NFT Access Pass that redefines the career progression of young athletes by embracing technology, social media and community building in the age of blockchain and web3.0. This project will allow her to develop long-term relationships with her fans in ways she could not have imagined.
Bustamante recently secured a coveted race seat in W Series’ Academy team, as the young Filipino driver continues to demonstrate her impressive talent ahead of her debut formula car season. She is a proven talent, having been a multiple Asian champion in Karting and being the only W Series racer to go straight from karting into Formula 3 machinery.
Although she was fortunate to be able to race in an international series, she now has to face the reality of how to support her daily living and career necessities like practice, training, coaching, and other essentials. Bustamante, a woman who is traditionally male-dominated in a sport, has worked hard to overcome both those barriers by her determination, self-belief and hard work.
This ambitious project is all in challenging the norm and challenging tradition. Bustamante’s Access Pass for NFT will allow direct interaction with her fans and giveaways to celebrate milestones. Behind-the scenes content will also allow fans to experience what it is like being a female race driver and breaking the bias. This project has two goals: to create a unique fan experience and community as well as a platform to allow her sponsors to join her on her journey to Formula 1.
Bustamante also hopes that this project paves the way for other young race drivers to have new avenues to help them gain a voice, grow their community, and raise the necessary support to compete in a sport that requires substantial funding.
What is The Dark Horse?
The Dark Horse is a brave new take on the traditional talent agency and early sponsorship functions – reimagined through blockchain technology. It supports drivers like Bianca, who are often overlooked but have incredible speed, strength and ambition. Bianca can reap the immediate benefits from the crypto ecosystem through airdrops and tokenization as well as metaverse integration.
The Dark Horse campaign launched last week, with the Whitelist now open and the NFT Mint set to take place from the 27th of May 2022. With a total of 2,000 NFTs available for minting, the first 200 True Fans who join the whitelist will receive priority pricing. Among these, 50 NFTs will be especially allocated to Bustamante’s fans based in the Philippines – also at priority pricing
These 2,000 NFT Access Pass holders will be given access to her inner circle – the BiaCrew community – and receive unique benefits throughout her motorsport career. The NFTs cost
- 0. 07 ETH for the first 200 registered whitelist;
- 0. 07 ETH for 50 whitelist allotment created specifically for fans from the Philippines;
- 0. 095 ETH for the remainder of the whitelist;
- 0. 15 ETH upon public mint.
Proceeds from the NFT sale will provide Bianca with the resources that she needs to keep on racing and more. The following is a breakdown of proceeds:
- 75% of the proceeds will go towards Bianca’s racing career: coaching, fitness training, track practice and daily living necessities;
- 20% will go towards service costs from The Dark Horse Team;
- 5% is reserved for the community in the form rewards, gifts, and charitable causes, etc.
In return, owners of the NFT Access Pass benefit from gaining instant access to the BiaCrew community, as well as unprecedented access to Bianca’s professional